Group Name: Education for All Nigeria (EAN)
Objective: Education for All Nigeria
Chairman: Prof. Akinola Moses
Vice Chairman: Prof. James Godfrey
Secretary: Dr (Mrs.) Sherifat Minna
This Specialist Group comprise of people in the education system with the vision of supporting Nigerian educational system and are committed to creating actionable solutions to resolve the educational challenges in the country, which obviously require urgent attention. Education is the bedrock of national development. A skilled workforce fast track national development. Education in Nigeria is faced with a lot challenges and one of them is inequitable distribution of quality education and inadequate funding as it gets the lowest allocation in the yearly budget. In the proposal presented to the National Assembly, President Muhammadu Buhari allocated only 7.04% of the 8.6 trillion 2018 budget to the education which shows where the priorities lie. The lackadaisical attitude towards education stems from poor governance and corruption which have eaten deep into the fabrics of the system. Even the inadequate allocation given to education is squandered by those in charge and not channeled appropriately to education. Most educational infrastructure are in absolute disrepair and lack proper maintenance. Huge disparity exists between the urban and rural areas as regards to equitable distribution of quality education, teachers and materials. It has become a question of the rich having access to quality education and the poor learning in a less conducive environment and few disgruntled teachers whose salaries come far and in between.
To collaborate with education bodies and organizations to ensure provision of quality and accessible education for all irrespective of status.
1. To accelerate equitable distribution of education funding and materials especially to the rural areas through partnership with agencies and organizations.
2. To proffer solutions that will ensure that teachers are paid enough and at the right time.
3. To collaborate with appropriate systems to ensure that the curriculum is revised and updated to meet modern day demands.
4. To work with the appropriate agency to ensure that qualified teachers are placed at all levels of education.
5. To proffer solutions on how to curb exam malpractices and set up regulatory bodies that will collaborate and monitor unlawful collection of money from students.
6. To serve as an advisory board towards provision of up-to-date and quality teaching aids and materials.
7. To organize conferences and seminars aimed at improving education in Nigeria.
All registered members of NDF is free to join this specialist group.
Back to Professional Groups