the hindrances to good governance in Nigeria are deeply rooted in tribal, ethnic and religious segregation among the citizens. The people have lost confidence in the ability of the government to protect them therefore there is a call for good governance in Nigeria. Leadership and good governance should be paramount for every other sector of the country to function optimally.
Corruption is at the forefront of bad governance and this fuels poor public service delivery and the need to curb it cannot be overestimated. Nigeria still struggle with deeply rooted corruption and bad governance laced with non-accountability.
To facilitate the implementation of equitable, effective, transparent and accountable leadership with end goal of achieving good governance and putting an end to corruption.
1. To promote the rule of law.
2. To facilitate equitable allocation of resources.
3. To collaborate with the appropriate agency to ensure that the right leader is placed in the place of authority.
4. To encourage absolute and constructive participation in governance from men and women.
5. To boost transparent flow of information.
6. To mediate broad consensus orientation on the best course of action for the majority of the population.
7. To raise leaders with strategic vision especially in the aspect of human development.
8. To foster positive change for the good of the whole.
9. To advocate transparent and credible election of leaders.
10. To organize conferences and seminars aimed at improving leadership and adopting good governance.
Membership is open to all NDF registered members who are interested in improving and implementing good governance and credible leadership.