Group Name: Technology Transfer Consortium (TTC)
Objective: Great Tech Transfer
Chairman: Engr. Samuel Amstrong
Vice Chairman: Dr. (Mrs.) Falaki Mary
Secretary: Dr. Adesanya Micheal
Technology Transfer Consortium is a group of NDF specialist charged with the responsibilities of mediating the needful change in technology.
In the face of emerging technologies and information, there is a greater need to adopt new technologies and apply their solutions to problems. So far so good Nigeria is scaling with telecommunication even if general adoption of technology is slow. Under investment into technology have affected adoption of emerging technologies especially at the level of industries. Nigeria still rely largely on imported raw materials for manufacturing and this largely affects the price of the end products.
With little or no inspiration from the government to leverage on the emerging technologies to solve the rising challenges the country face on most counts. Allocations in the yearly budget to science, technology and research have been too and the funding grossly unaccounted for invariably limiting economic expansion. To overcome this deficit in the aspect of technology, adoption of industrial strategies with combined effort from both the private and public sectors is paramount to unravel the potentials of technology at micro and macro scale. Agricultural sector will benefit tremendously if Nigeria adopts advanced technology which will invariably improve the economy. Lack of adequate mechanization is a huge limitation to improving the agricultural sector because productivity is hampered. Technology require funds to run and produce the adequate impact and these funds can be generated even without government policies. Nigeria lack the technological capacity to produce high valued goods and services, yet the nation has a lot of misplaced priorities and this needs to be remedied.
To strategize and create solutions towards the implementation and adoption of technology as the answer to a more transparent, accurate and equitable economy.
- To promote and advice on the use and the adoption of new technologies in every area
- To encourage ground breaking researches in technologies, engineering and related discipline
3. To liaise with relevant government agencies, organizations and partner towards training individuals on the emerging technologies and how to solve emerging and predominant problems with the technology.
4. To encourage adoption technologies that will improve the agricultural sector,
thereby improving the nation’s economy.
5. To identify and partner with organizations and serve as advisory committee towards the implementation of proven technology in business and government for accuracy and transparency.
6. To collaborate with appropriate organizations and bodies to educate young people on the potentials of emerging technology.
7. To research and provide workable ways to replace the faulty systems with a more reliable technology.
8. To collaborate with the appropriate systems towards exposing corruption with adequate technological systems.
9. To organize conferences and seminars aimed at addressing technology transfer challenges and proffer probable solutions.
Technology Transfer consortium is open to all NDF registered members who are interested in disrupting the existing systems with a more reliable system based on technology. These specialists cut across all disciplines and not limited to engineering, tech include programmers, developers, technicians, information technology specialists and so forth.
Back to Professional Groups